Pages

Thursday 7 July 2011

Cross stitch and bracelet

I recently found some cross stitch magazines in a charity shop (a bargain at 10p each) one of them caught my eye as it had a design to stitch for a first day at school sampler, as my little boy is starting in Sept I thought I would give it a go.  I have not done a cross stitch in years but used to find it quite relaxing so sourced some cheap threads on ebay, this has turned out to be a mistake as they are awful to use and keep getting tangled up, but never mind I will persevere. I do not have the exact colours as per the chart but have improvised and we will see how it turns out.  I started it last night and had forgotten how long it actually takes to do, I was sewing for over two hours and have only done this much

I will do a little bit each night and hope I have it finished by sept.

On another note I had an idea for a bracelet which requires loads of beads with each one individually coiled onto a headpin.  This will also take me ages so I currently have a stash of beads, headpins and completed coils on my dining room table, whenever I pass by I do two or three, this is working quite well and I have amassed quite a pile of completed ones but I still need more.



Got to go now (via table to coil beads!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...